Do you know, the average person has 65, 000 thoughts per day and in that among 95% are the same thoughts as previous day thinking. Every single thought has been associated with our mood swings and so if you think positive, you’ll feel better and if you think something negative, you’ll feel worse.
Here comes a question, what influences our thoughts? Simple, our thoughts can be influenced by such things like financial situation, relationships, physical circumstances or job stress. As a result, we feel down and even depressed to do things that make us feel better such as eat properly, sleep well, exercise or even enjoying with friends and family. So, what can we do? We can’t able to control our environment but we can able to control our thoughts by scribbling our life’s journey in customized diary 2018.
Health Benefits of Positive Thinking
- Lifespan will get increased
- Lower levels of depression and distress
- It will be a greater resistance to a cough, nausea and more
- Engage you both in a psychological and physical well-being.
- Improves cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of other health issues
- Gives you coping skills during the time of stress and hardships
To achieve all those health benefits, first of all, you need to analyze your negative thinking. Some common talks of negative-self talk include,
- Filtering– You just magnify all your negative aspects and neglect all your positive compliments.
- Personalizing– When any bad situation occurs, you automatically blame yourself for the reason.
- Catastrophizing-A kind of irrational thought which makes believing that something is far worse than it actually is.
- Polarizing– You are supposed to see things either in a good or bad way.
That’s it! Now you can learn to change negative into the positive thinking and now it’s time to think and behave in a positive and optimistic way. Here are some ways to focus on your positive thinking.
Analyze the areas to change
To become more optimistic and engage in a positive way, first identify the areas of your life that you generally think in a negative way like whether this thing will be work or not, your daily commute or a relationship. Start focusing on one area to approach in a more positive way. Keep analyze your way and note it down in your own custom diary 2018.
Be open to humor
During difficult times, give yourself permission to smile or laugh and seek humor in everyday happenings. Try to laugh at all time, you feel less stressed life.
Follow Healthy Lifestyle
Keep practicing to follow 30 minutes of exercise daily, which will positively affect moods and reduce stress. Fuel your mind and body with healthy food choices.
Engage with positive people
Be ensure whether your friends, family, and colleagues are positive and supportive to give helpful advice and feedback in your life. Why because, negative people may increase your stress level and make you doubt about your ability to manage stress in healthy ways.
Practice positive self-talk
Start following one simple golden rule, be gentle and encourage yourselves. Think about things you’re thankful for in your life. Here are some negative self-talk and how to apply positive twist over it.
|Negative Self-Talk||Positive Thinking|
|I can’t able to do this before||It’s an opportunity to learn something new|
|It’s too complicated to do this for me||I’ll tackle it in a different way|
|It’s too radical to change myself||Let’s take a change|
|No one communicates with me||Good, I will take the chance to open up the communication|