Are organic foods really healthy? Organic food has gained popularity over years and everyone wants to know about its benefits. Organic food is said to be healthier than conventional foods. The demands for organic foods have increased over the past 5 to 6 years and are liked by a lot of people. There is only a little scientific evidence that organic foods are better compared to conventional foods.
What does “Organic” really mean?
The word ‘Organic’ refers to the process in which the agricultural products are grown and processed. While the process of growing these products varies from one region to another. In other words, organic is nothing but growing food products without any artificial medium such as pesticides, insecticides, synthetic herbicides, etc.
The benefits of organic food
- How your food is grown or raised plays a major role in your mental and social health as well as the environment.
- Organic food is thought to contain fewer additives and contaminants and is also considered to be more environmentally friendly.
- Expectations around the health benefits of organic food are among the strongest motivations for consumers to buy organic produce.
What makes organic food different?
- Organic foods may contain more nutrients compared to conventional foods.
- Organically grown crops have more Antioxidants and Vitamins
- Organically grown crops have also been shown to have lower levels of Nitrate.
How to know you are buying organic?
100% Organic: This product is made entirely from organic ingredients.
Organic: At least 95% of the ingredients in this product are organic.
Made with Organic: At least 70% of the ingredients should be organic otherwise it won’t be considered organic.
Reasons for buying organic food
- Organic farming is likely to be friendlier to the environment than compared to the usual farming process
- Eating organic reduces the amount of chemicals in your diet namely pesticides.
- Organic farming provides healthy food without the use of toxic pesticides.
- Taste is subjective, but you’re more likely to get fresher flavor with organic.
- Organic food is made more affordable than the regular foods
- Organic products support good health.
Is organic food good for the environment?
Organic farming helps the environment in many healthier ways. From healthier soil to water conservation, this is one of the major processes of how buying organic benefits the environment. Organic farming builds healthy soil as farmers release nutrients into the soil in the form of minerals, compost, and manure. Healthy soil is the key to biodiversity — or the variety of plant and animal life in a particular habitat. It also fights against global warming.
Foods you can buy organic
When you make your grocery buying plan, there will be a huge confusion sorting out which fruits and vegetables on your list you should buy organic.
Here is a list of fruits and veggies that you can buy organic
- Black pepper
There are many dealers in India who supply fresh and organic vegetables. Get your daily dose of fresh veggies from Geewin, one of the best Organic Vegetable and Banana sellers in india. It is time to turn organic and live a healthy life.