Summer vacation is on the way to your doorstep! To be precise, it’s time to figure out how to keep the kids active and busy during this holiday. What’s even more fun is, we have to find frugal ways to keep them busy and help you save money in the process. On this process, I recently came across the fun and create unique ideas using cornstarch to keep your kids busy all summer long.
Have you all got excited? Even I too get bewildered. Usually, we know that cornstarch comes out pantry only when you’re cooking. Actually, many starch manufacturers in India are emerging with a good quality of cornstarch, which has been used to thicken stocks, sauces, and soups. Instead, there is a wide array of practical uses for cornstarch outside the kitchen.
From those, our today’s blog is all about 3D printing. Accordingly, there is a lot of innovation happening in 3D printing filaments, yet by far one of the most important trends is the move towards something like a canvas or T-shirt painting. So, how it will happen? It’s so simple, to make 3D paint or Finger painting you have to add some pigment to make it opaque or hard to see through. Without any further ado, let’s see this funny idea.
Steps for Making Cornstarch 3D painting:
- Mix both the cornstarch and water in a microwave-safe container and stir it well. Now, put up the mixture on high for 15 seconds in a microwave. Use hot pads and stir it well once for 15 seconds. While you’re stirring, notice the texture, color, consistency, and smell of the cornstarch gel you have prepared.
- Now, separate the cornstarch gel into three containers. Just add a tablespoon of salt in one container, a pinch of baking soda in the second, and at last, add some powdered sugar to the third container. Next, add some sparkling mixture into this gel and mix it gently.
- It’s time for testing! Put this paint mixture into a clean and empty squeeze bottle. Squeeze the paint onto a T-shirt, canvas shoes or hat. Otherwise, grab some normal paintbrush and start painting onto a fabric of your choice.
Whatever your choice may be, just give a try and spend your holiday with this sparkling paint.
Steps for Making Finger Painting:
- Mix a pinch of cornstarch, water, and detergent in the bowl. If it is needed add some more water or cornstarch for getting the texture you want.
- Keep in mind, your texture should be thick paint-like texture. Once it is ready, transfer this mixture into a small container or molding container.
- Now, it’s your turn, add food coloring for the colors you want. Mix this and start painting your favorite art.
Think! Test! Observe!
Before doing all those, just think of which ingredients dissolve or doesn’t dissolves in cornstarch gel and why? Once it is being analyzed, try out different products in the cornstarch gel. You can also add different grocery products like Curry, colored chalk powdered, cinnamon, chocolate and other non-toxic coloring agents. Try different 3D paint mixtures and take a photo of the result and share with us. To start off this, search the high-quality Starch manufacturers here and buy cornstarch to make your kids excel off during this summer vacation.